Teaching with Technology
SDDU’s Teaching with Technology Programme offers face-to-face sessions, and a range of online courses and resources designed to meet the varied needs of academic and support staff including:
- Practical examples from colleagues who have used technology to support and enhance student education
- Overview of technologies available for a specific purpose
- Guides and training tailored for both confident and less confident users of technology
- A Faculty / School / Service based approach to explore the use of technology in a local context
- Opportunities for networking and horizon gazing.
To find specific provision we suggest you either use our Courses and Workshops Search Engine or use our custom search to suggest specific provision to meet your needs. Alternatively you can browse our provision below:
Living, Learning and Working in a digital society requires us all to develop digital expertise. Digital Dates is a programme of short, informal workshops for both staff and students across the University co-ordinated by SDDU and Skills@Library to help us to develop digital skills to support all aspects of our lives at the University.
Hands on the Future
An annual event providing a hands-on opportunity to explore and learn about some of the technology being for student education by academic staff at the University of Leeds and to view some of the technology that we may be using in the future. Hands on the Future web pages
- Learning Technologists Network
For colleagues that support academic staff in using technology
- Mobile Learning Network
For colleagues interested in exploring the potential for mobile learning at Leeds
Browse our online resources list for online courses, detailed guides and examples in practice of technology that supports and enhances teaching.
For online resources covering a range of specific tools see Learning Technology Tools Available at Leeds
VLE training (face-to-face workshops and online)
Initial VLE training for academic staff (online VLE training is also available for postgraduate research students who teach):
- VLE training for academic staff new to the VLE (VLE 1, VLE 2 and VLE 3)
Initial VLE training for administrative and support staff in learning and teaching:
- VLE 1 Getting Started with Blackboard 9.1 workshop and online training
- VLE for Administrators (alternative to VLE 2 and VLE 3)
Further VLE related training for academic and administrative/support staff in learning and teaching: