Learning & teaching
In this section
SDDU aims to contribute to excellent and inspirational learning and teaching in the University through:
- Interactive sessions for staff with teaching responsibilities who wish to develop or refresh their repertoire of teaching techniques
- Courses that offer qualifications or credits, eg Professional Standards Programme, Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education and Modules in Learning & Teaching
- Training for postgraduate students and part-time staff who have teaching responsibilities
- Network meetings aiming to bring together special interest groups to discuss and share practice.
- Opportunity to gain a University Teaching Fellowship Award
- Support for funded projects
- Support to gain and retain membership of professional teaching bodies
- Tailored events for faculties and schools - facilitated workshops, seminars and away-days.
Technologies for supporting and enhancing teaching
- To ensure an exceptional student experience at Leeds and enhance teaching and learning, SDDU helps staff and schools to move forward in the use of communications and information technology, such as the virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Open workshops cover areas such as ensuring quality in online teaching, creating flexible learning materials and making the most of online discussion groups with students
- Hands-on sessions develop use of the teaching technology tools available on campus, such as using web pages, online learning environments, online video and online assessment
- Targeted support is available to groups of staff involved in converting courses to online formats, making best use of the VLE and portal, and in choosing and using relevant technologies
- Pilot versions of new learning and teaching software are supported and evaluated
- Specific training is available for staff who are undertaking new roles in supporting students online.
Contact the Training and Development staff
Contact the course co-ordinators