About the SDDU
Providing development that maximises organisational and individual impact is a strategic priority for the University. The Staff and Departmental Development Unit (SDDU) provides training, development, education and consultancy support to meet the needs of all University staff, postgraduate research students, and the strategic priorities of the University set out in the Strategy Map.
SDDU offers a large and varied programme of seminars, courses and workshops to which University of Leeds staff and postgraduate research students have access at no cost. These courses address the development of knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Professional, personal and career development
- Leadership, management and organisation development
- Learning and teaching, including communications and information technology
- Research and research student development
- Enterprise and knowledge transfer.
SDDU staff have a wide range of teaching and research experience, as well as expertise in staff development and training. In addition, we use external tutors and tutors from across the University, all selected for their expertise.
SDDU also provides a range of online materials and links.