In addition to our extensive set programme of workshops and courses Organisational Development & Professional Development (OD&PL) offers consultancy, training and support on requests by individual faculties, schools, services and teams.
- Organising, co-ordinating or facilitating ‘away’ days or team building events
- Providing courses tailored to the needs of particular groups. For example, we support small groups of researchers developing their grantsmanship through applying for specific funding schemes. We also help groups develop their knowledge and skills to identify and articulate the impact of their research
- Bespoke training events for groups of staff in departments or for whole departments. This might include using a Myers Briggs Type Indicator or a team effectiveness questionnaire with staff
- Providing courses or workshops tailored to the needs of particular teams within the university
Examples of OD&PL projects to assist the Services within the University
- We ran a short workshop on mentoring for both IT Services and HR. This was designed to help clarify what successful mentoring consisted of from the both the point of view of mentor and mentee. It examined links with coaching and counselling skills as well as the role of the ‘line manager’ in developing people. Over 30 staff attended both workshops and SDDU have been asked to facilitate others in the future
- We have facilitated a number of team discussions where there have been difficulties within a team, or between teams, and have worked to help all concerned find their own solutions to rebuilding successful relationships
- We ran supervisory workshops for cleaning supervisors in Estates.
- We facilitated a process for Estates to identify key values for the service and embed these within everyday activities.
- We designed, coordinated and helped deliver an Inspiration Leadership programme for managers within Commercial services.
- We designed and ran managing change workshops for Customer Service Managers within the Libraries.
Who can I speak to?
If you have a request for bespoke services please contact your usual OD&PL contact or e mail email@example.com
This page is maintained by Marcus Hill.
Please contact Marcus if you have any questions.