The UK Research Councils have required Impact Summaries and Pathways to Impact to show how your research can have Economic and Societal Impact for a number of years. Also, from April 2015 onwards, all research councils have required an acceptable Pathways to Impact before allowing any funded research project to start. However, writing these sections can often be a challenge. The Impact Toolkit has been designed to guide you through the process of writing these sections. This should not be left to the last minute as it will take you time to go through the process.
The toolkit breaks down the task of writing the Impact Summary and the Pathways to Impact through a series of questions and associated analysis tools. Your response to these questions is recorded in the system. When you are ready you can export your responses to Rich Text Files (rtf). There are default exports for the Impact Summary and the Pathways to Impact. The toolkit:
- Provides you with a secure space to create projects – you log in with your usual Leeds username and password.
- Provides a step by step process, which you can follow linearly or hop between stages of the process, to develop your thinking about the impact of your research.
- Allows you to copy existing projects and edit them.
- Share projects with other users of the toolkit (they must have logged in once before to create their account)
- Publish information to all other users of the system.
This page is maintained by Dr Ged Hall.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Created: 16/3/15 Last updated 14/10/16