Using wikis in learning and teaching
"there is a great potential in this tool to be completely disruptive (in a good way) to the classroom setting" (James 2004)
A Wiki is a web technology that allows a web site to be collaboratively constructed and edited with no specialist tools and very little technical know-how. This is of interest in learning and teaching as a wiki can offer students and educators a more active, participative relationship with web based materials.
These pages explore:
- What is a wiki and how does it work?
- How to contribute to a wiki.
- Why using a wiki is relevant to learning and teaching in Higher Education?
- Wiki applications in learning and teaching
- Case studies of wiki use within Higher Education and at Leeds.
- Issues with referencing wikis and Wikipedia.
- How to plan to use a wiki in your teaching?
- How to go about setting up a wiki site?
- How to manage your wiki and its users?
- How to use a wiki to help you allocate marks for a wiki assignment?
- Where can you find out more information using wikis in education?
Next - What is a wiki?