Copying files from a FLIP camera onto your PC is straight forward if you know which option to select from the automatic dialogue box. The video at the bottom of the page covers use of the FLIP and uploading to LUTube.
- FLIP cameras come with their own software for viewing, editing and saving videos to your PC. It can be a really good way to access your content quickly but it can make life complicated when using with other applications such as Windows Movie Maker.
- You should be familiar with basic Windows file management to complete this tutorial.
- The FLIP video cameras use a specific CODEC to compress the video. If you cannot view your videos on your PC you may need to download and install the codec. http://www.3ivx.com/download/windows.html
Step by step
- Turn the FLIP video camera on and plug it into a USB slot on your computer.
- Scroll down and choose Open folder to view files… and click OK.
- The contents of your video camera will be displayed by Windows Explorer. Go to DCIM and then 100VIDEO..
- Double click on a video on your camera to play it. You may need to have the codec installed to be able to play the videos, see the Be Aware section at the top of the screen.
- To copy a video to your computer, right click on it and choose Copy. Use the Explorer window to go to where you want to store your video, right click in a blank area and choose paste.
Additional information - using a Flip camera with LUTube