Redesigned Lecture Theatre Workshops and Drop-in Sessions
July 13, 2017 Kirsten Thompson
Do you plan to teach in one of the redesigned lecture theatres for the first time from September 2017?
A range of workshops and drop-in sessions are available for you to attend from the 18th September 2017. Download the flier with the relevant dates and times.
Workshops: Introduction to Technology in the Redesigned Lecture Theatres
- Worsley Dental LT (6.142), 11th Sept 2017, 13:30 -14:30 & 21st Sept 2017, 10:00 -11:00
- Mechanical Engineering LT B (2.37), 13th Sept 2017, 9:30 -10:30 & 20th Sept 2017, 14:00-15:00
This one hour workshop provides an opportunity to explore the technology available in the redesigned lecture theatres and to consider strategies to promote student interaction, engagement, and collaboration.
During the workshop you will;
- Experience sitting in a student pod to access the student Lenova ThinkPad networked device
- Identify lighting and audio equipment
- Explore the technology at the lectern and access to audio/visual
- Engage in interactive activities which explore the concept of
- Discuss best practice in using these spaces based on pedagogical affordances
- Utilise the SMART Tools available on the NEC MultiSync Interactive Display
- View a Lecture Capture Recording made during the workshop
Places are limited to 12 and booking is essential.
Colleagues from OD&PL and the Facilities Support Service (FSS) team are jointly hosting “drop-in” events in the three redesigned lecture theatres .During these drop-in sessions you have will have the opportunity to ask questions about the hardware and software in these new learning spaces and get a hands-on feel of the equipment from a staff and student perspective.
There is no need to book simply pop in at any time during the dates/times advertised below:
- Worsley Dental LT (6.142), 18th Sept 2017, 13:00 -15:00
- Roger Stevens LT08, 19th Sept 2017, 13:00-15:00
- Mechanical Engineering LTB, 21st Sept 2017, 14:00-16:00
For further information on the redesigned learning spaces please visit the Changing Landscapes website.