Organisational Development and Professional Learning

Credit-bearing Courses (2016-2017)

Please note that the FAQs below relate to the support offered in 2015-16 only.

The University is currently refreshing its framework for academic staff development and as a consequence of this, we will not be offering credit bearing courses until 2018.  Colleagues are able to apply for professional recognition through the Professional Recognition in Student Education (PRiSE) scheme from Autumn 2017.

OD and PL will be supporting colleagues who are currently registered on credit-bearing courses to complete this year, and encourages colleagues to do so. In particular applicants who are yet to complete ULTRA will be supported by OD and PL to complete their attendance and assessment. Where applicable equivalent sessions have been scheduled to enable attendance to be completed.

Registered participants on all credit-bearing courses (i.e. ULTRA, PGCert, PGCAP) who are currently in periods of extension on their original registration will also be supported by OD and PL to complete their course.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is the University not offering credit-bearing courses in learning and teaching this year?
It is in my contract that I complete ULTRA – what is the position now?
How do I apply to become a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)?
Will I be able to complete a credit-bearing course in the future?
What support for learning and teaching development is available in 2016-2017?
I commenced ULTRA in 2014-2015 and am due to complete this year. Can I still do this?
I commenced ULTRA in 2014-2015 and would like an extension on my completion deadline. Is this possible?
Will the top-up modules from ULTRA to PGCap be available in 2016-2017?
Will I be able to put any development I complete in 2016-2017 towards any future credit bearing or non-credit bearing award?
What is the difference between a credit-bearing course such as ULTRA and the UKPSF@Leeds Individual Application?
Who can apply for professional recognition by the UKPSF@Leeds Individual application scheme?
Can I do the UKPSF@Leeds Scheme instead of ULTRA?
I am a University Academic Fellow (UAF). Do I need to complete ULTRA or an equivalent credit-bearing course?
How do I get further information about my options?

This webpage is maintained by  Last updated 18th August 2017

© Copyright Leeds 2017