Learning & teaching
Organisational Development and Professional Learning (OD&PL) promotes inspirational learning and teaching in the University through:
- Development for postgraduate students and part-time staff who have teaching responsibilities.
- Interactive sessions for staff with teaching responsibilities who wish to develop or refresh their teaching techniques.
- Bespoke events for faculties and schools: facilitated workshops, seminars and away-days.
- Network meetings aiming to bring together special interest groups to discuss and share practice
- Support for Individual Application for Professional Recognition against the UK Professional Standards Framework for Teaching and Support of Learning (UKPSF, 2011)
- Learning and teaching development programmes and courses
- Opportunity to gain a University Student Education Fellowship Award.
OD&PL supports the use of technology as part of a blended learning experience at the University through:
- Workshops that cover areas such as ensuring quality in online teaching, creating flexible learning materials and using social media.
- Hands-on sessions to develop use of the teaching technology available on campus.
- Support to groups of staff involved in converting courses to online formats
- Piloting versions of new learning and teaching software.
- Development for staff who are undertaking new roles in supporting students online.
OD&PL colleagues lead and support cross-institutional projects to enhance learning and teaching and are also involved in sector wide enhancement activity.
Ann Meredith, the Director of Professional and Organisational Development is the University contact for learning and teaching professional development activity in 2016-2017.
If your query is about credit bearing courses in learning and teaching, please contact email@example.com.
If your query is about the UKPSF@Leeds Individual application scheme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your query is about technology, learning and teaching events, and support for postgraduate research students engaged in teaching please contact email@example.com.
These webpages are maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org. Last updated 27 April 2017